Van Schwab 5-3-17

Sometimes clients will come to Van after a divorce when they feel the decision was unfair to them. Van can file a petition for modification. He will look at things like maintenance amounts, tax returns, income (or lack thereof). Each case is looked at for its individual circumstances.

If college expenses are an issue, Van will look at how the payment is stated in the decree whether its a 50/50 split or other. The U.of I. at Champaign/Urbana is accepted as the cap of what is expected to pay. If the non-paying parent wants to send their child to a more expensive school then that parent should pay the difference.

Give Van a call if someone tells you they got an unfair settlement in their divorce and want it reviewed.

Comments are closed.